Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Off and Running



Somehow or other I managed to shake off those blues I suffered from all last week. The sun is shining and Texas temps are warmer than usual. Don't know if the weather shook me back to my old self but whatever it was...YAY! The good thing about bad moods, at least for me, is they usually go away and now I'm back and feeling frisky again.

This weekend I'm attending a mini-reunion with a bunch of sorority sisters. The whole thing came up unexpectedly but I'm really psyched. I haven't seen some of these women for ten years or so (some even longer). Funny thing, one night I was fiddling around on the computer and UP pops this facebook message. One of my sorority sisters figured out somehow who I was. Yes, I write under a pen name and don't have a facebook account in my real name so it was a huge surprise. Ended up finding out my sorority has a facebook page, I got on over there and BAM, instant connection with women I haven't seen in years. It's fun when things like that happen. Soooo, Friday night we're meeting for drinks and catching up. Can't wait. Have to say the social networking sites are pretty cool. So far I've caught up with these ladies and connected with old high school friends. Don't know HOW they found me under the pen name but hey, I'm okay with that. Just happy to reconnect.

In other news: Desiree Holt, Ciana Stone and myself are beginning a new Texas set series for Ellora's Cave. Just getting started on the project but I'm going... WOOT WOOT....over here. Still working on my cougar story and planning some others so things are hopping.

Don't forget to sign up for my super duper contest at Two Lips Reviews. At the end of the month I'll be giving away lots and lots of goodies to one lucky winner. Enter the contest HERE!

5 comments:

Bekki Lynn said...

Sometimes it's the photos or information under info that gives people away. Tell-tell signs friends would pick up on -- or maybe, she's pscyhic. If you find out, share with us. It might help others to tighten up their informaiton if they don't want found out.

I'm glad you were able to hook up with the ladies. That is so fun.

I've done the same and it's been fantastic to talk to classmates who have never come back for reunions. Some of us move over to to yahoo messenger and have conference chats -- what a blast! I love it!

Online networks have so many positives.

Have a great time this weekend!

Kelley Nyrae said...

Have fun! Glad you're feeling better.

Anny Cook said...

It sounds like it will be great!

Regina Carlysle said...

This stuff all started happening when my daughter complained about my half-nekkid-guy covers. LOL. So I put up a pic of myself and then somehow they found me. Guess I haven't changed a whole lot over the years.

It should be a lot of fun!!!!

Anne Rainey said...

The series sounds like fun, Regina! And I'm glad you're feeling better. :)